Tuesday, February 11, 2020

CAS(E) this Sketch! #358 Entry

Card Sketch #6 - Poppin' Poppies

I happened across a lovely blog this week that has fun sketches posted every week. You can play along and upload your creation in an effort to share your ideas and possibly be spotlighted for your card entry! What fun right?!? I love getting my inspiration for so many places, and sketches are high on my list :)

Here's the Sketch
You can see it on CAS(E) this Sketch! CTS#358
I had some leftover watercolor background (on watercolor paper) from my last card so I decided to use it up! I pulled out the Beautiful Boughs Dies (All supplies linked below) and snipped the die-cut elements apart and pieced together a tree for the sloth (from Back on your Feet) to hang from. 
Using some blender brushes I created a background on Crumb Cake CS with Stampin' Up! Ink pads (listed below) and then sprinkled some water on the background with my hands. Once I pressed a paper towel on the background it sopped up the leftover water and left a beautiful water droplet effect. 
I colored the Sloth with Stampin' Blends on Whisper White cs, then embossed the sentiment on Soft Suede with some gold embossing powder. I wrapped some retired soft twine/trim around the sentiment to emulate the wrapped foot. Fun right?!?
I love how this card turned out! My only hope is that nobody I know gets hurt so I have to give them the card! haha Either way, I'm sure it would brighten their day. 

I hope you play along and have fun with the Sketch! You have until this Thursday at 9am to enter. Don't rush or anything, but HURRY UP ALREADY!! haha

Happy Stampin'!


**Supply List**


Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave a comment, I respond to everyone <3 I love hearing from you!