Friday, March 20, 2020

Playing With Colored Images & Entering Challenges

A couple years ago, I didn't have the space I needed to have an entire studio. So I just printed or stamped random images with the intention of one-day making cards for them. Well, it finally happened! I made the cards for these images I colored. 

I even found a few challenges to inspire me so I played along. I can't remember the Copic colors I used, but I will list the other things I used to make the cards for each challenge. 
All of the images are Sheri Baldy - Besties

Don't forget that our very own challenge MIFC#011 starts on Sunday! Someone will win a card from me too! Not to mention the honorable mentions to be had! Be sure to play along with us *wink*

Challenges I found time to enter this week;
Card #1
For the this card, I used a stencil I made with my Cricut and blended 3 Distress Oxide Inks; Mustard Seed, Festive Berries & Peacock Feathers. I stamped an old sentiment from my stash with Versamark, then embossed it on black CS, then added a few misc sequins. She is so "Spring-y" I just love her!

The challenges that inspired me for this card are:
(I flipped it sideways)

( I tried my best to match them with the Oxide Inks)

(Common' Spring! Hurry up and get here lol)

"Flowers"

Card #2
For this card, I had someone in mind so it was perfect when I was inspired to make a Birthday Card. I found some patterned paper in my scrap drawer that reminded me of Birthday Confetti. Then I blended the background on some white CS with Festive Berries, Mustard Seed & Dusty Concord Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered some water on the BG, and when it dried I spattered a white Pearl Ex & Gouache Mixture on it. Cut it out with a Stitched Rectangle Die and added a few misc sequins, and voila! 
Done like dinner!




Card #3
This one is probably my favorite! I'm always inspired by Festive Friday! So I set out to use 3 things from their list again this week. I used Hearts, Sequins, and for the glitter, I added some Stickles to her necklace and dress. I also used a Glitter Sakura Gel Pen. I masked a circle I cut out of some transfer tape on my Cricut, then blended the background with "Mowed Lawn" Distress Oxide Ink. I have heart stencil I made on my Cricut, so I dabbed on some white ink over the little hearts. When the ink was dry I colored over the white hearts with a Pink Sakura Glitter Gel Pen. Popped on a few misc sequins, added a sentiment, some strips of patterned paper and I was good to go in no time!

Thanks for another inspiring list this week! 

I also found an "Anything Goes" Challenge over at the

Gotta love a good "Anything Goes" Challenge!

Thank you to everyone that puts in all the hard work to keep us inspired and post awesome challenges. You are truly appreciated (((hugs)))

Be Safe & Happy Stampin'!
(Click the image above to connect with me in other places online)
Links Powered by Tailwind




5 comments:

  1. Fabulous coloring on all of your cards! I really love your stenciled and sponged background on your first card. What an eye catcher! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are totally charming!! I love the colorful backgrounds you created for each of them! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kim! Always a pleasure and so much fun <3

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! All of your cards are adorable, and your coloring is fabulous!Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment, I respond to everyone <3 I love hearing from you!