Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Grafico Challenge # 73 - Autumn Colors

I have to admit I was a tad intimidated by this challenge. I have never colored a leaf in my life! Not to mention Lindsay's leaves were so life like! Wow! I was really worried I was gonna make myself look like an idiot trying to color the leaves to look life like. Lucky for me the leaves are all on the ground here, so it was easy to grab one, and use it as a color reference to color the 2 digital images I printed.


When I was finished coloring and blending the images, I actually ironed the leaves in some wax paper to give them more of a glossy look. Then I bent and crinkled them. I think both techniques made the leaves look more life like. I must say I am very very pleased with the way they turned out. I surprise even myself sometimes!

Come play along over at the MyGrafico Challenge #73


Ink-Gredients:
Paper: DCVW - The Green Stack
Misc Recycled Paper.
Digital Stamps: Lindsay's Sketchy Leaves
Sentiment: A Muse
Coloring: Prisma Colored Pencils #'s 944, 942 & 988
Misc Items: Buttons & Wax Paper.



10 comments:

Hestia's Helper said...

Wow! I never thought of ironing wax paper to add gloss. It looks really good! Who'd have thought we'd spend our days ironing and sewing PAPER... June Cleaver had all she could do to keep up with ironing and sewing Ward's shirts! My how times have changed (-:
I want to see who will be the first to bake some paper in the oven! (-:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

And you did marvelous!! HOLY SMOKES! I can hardly believe you have never colored a leaf before!!

Natacha said...

Wow great card!! You should enter it into Patties Creations Challenge this week. There is a link on my blog.

Marlene said...

You did a great job! Your leaves look fantastic!

Tammylee said...

Great job on this project. I just love the leaves in this set~

stampinlynn said...

Amazing work tfs

Martha said...

just wonderful!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Great card!!

Tazza said...

Lovely Card.. the leaves do look lieflike! LOL I have to agree about the ironing who would have thunk it? lol....

Scrappy Girl said...

Your leaves do look lifelike. Love all the textures. Great job.