Wednesday, November 17, 2010

For a Special Friend - Miss You

You gotta love those cards you leave until the last minute that keep you up til nearly midnight! I absolutely adore this Digi Stamp from AI Factory. Love You Ella is just too adorable. I knew I wanted to use her to enter yet another card for their DT Call. But of course, one thing leads to another and then I realized that I had to have it in tomorrow to meet the deadline. Normally I have all my DT work in an organizer, so I guess I really should have written this in there too, rather than just save the RSS Email. My bad!! *blushes*


In all truth, the coloring didn't take me long at all, it was the layout and choosing the flowers & ribbon that took me nearly an hour! Yes! I said an hour! What threw me off was the colors in the DP. I really am not fond of these Basic Grey papers. Which is odd as I buy anything that has a BG on it! However, I was not liking this paper set at all. I do need to use it up tho, so I forced myself to use it. Then, when it was all staring me in the face I just couldn't get to a point that I was happy with it. *pouty lip* So hence the hour playing with it. However, sometimes you just have to get on with it right? So this is what I ended up with =)


This weeks AI Factory Challenge called for a die cut or a punch, so I decided on little tiny heart punches to go along with the heart Ella is hugging. This card is for a very special friend I have in the USA. I haven't seen her since she came to visit me in Sept 09 when I was living in Vegas. So hopefully this makes her smile, and makes her get a darn passport so she can come up to the Great White North to visit me! *grin*

Challenges I entered this card in:
AI Factory Challenges - Die Cut or a Punch
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Distressing (I distressed the DPs)
Stamp Something - Anything Digi


1 comment:

Debra said...

Beautiful card and I love the papers! Good luck :)