Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crispy Cool Snowman & A Blog Award!!

I came across this snowman freebie a few weeks ago,
now normally I am VERY good at saving things
with a blog name, but for some reason all I have is
snowman_doveart for his name.

I can't find the blog that posted it. *hangs head in shame*
So sorry!! If you know where his mommy is please
let me know so I can credit her for the freebie =)


He really is too adorable! I colored him up with my Prisma Color pencils
(My copics are STILL on the way - please hurry up Mr. Postman)


I colored the arms and branches with a silver Sakura Gel Pen
to make them look really really frosty!
Then I added some flocking all over to make him look crispy cool!
I cut the snowflakes out on the cricut, then heat embossed them
with some white shimmery powder. Added the shimmer ribbon
and it was all done! I love the way he turned out =)

__________________________________________

In other news, Kimberly, over at Scrap It Girl awarded
lil' ole' me this beautiful blog award!!

EDIT: Sharon also sent me this award. Thanks so much!!
I'm really feelin' da luv dis week *grin*


Now I am to,
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this - Check!
2. Share 8 things about yourself - Check!
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered - Check!
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards - I'm on it as soon as this posts!

8 things about me:

1. I love love love the snow!
2. I want to go skiing & snowmobiling this winter
3. My family (and my dog lol) are the most important people in the world to me.
4. I have no kids
5. I don't have a 'real job' outside of teaching classes, and Digi's With Attitude!
6. I love to cook, and miss BBQ season!
7. I drive a previously loved car - that needs snow tired BADLY!! lol
8. My birthday is in December, and I have been telling people I am 28 1/2 for 10 years!! lol
Shhhhhhh!!! Don't tell!!! haha

I am passing this award along to the following 8 people. As you all know I hate to play favorites, so I am sending the award to the FIRST 8 people who applied to be on the DWA Design Team!


3. Tammylee
4. Brandi
5. Radwa
6. Tanya
7. Julia
8. Dawn

Thanks again Kimberly & Sharon for the award! Be sure to check out all these wonderful blogs!!

7 comments:

bcriminger said...

Thanks so much! I will post it to my blog, write things about me, pass it on etc tonight when I have more time :D

Sharon said...

Lovely card. I recently had this same issue with some digis myself...I was so frustrated with myself. I do much better now saving names. Congrats on your blog award.

Marlene said...

Awww...he's so cute!

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a great card - the snow looks so realistic! Thanks for the award!

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much! :) LOVE your snowman too! Cute! I just have to share this with you...my word verification this time around is "spazers" that cracked me up...is your blog calling me a spaz? LOL It's ok...because I agree!!! hahahahaha!

tampatha said...

OMG! this is A-Mazing! What a fantastic card! I can almost feel the cold of the snowman!

Gina said...

Oh Cindy! Thank you so much, needed a bit of sunshine this week, much appreciated :D OMG!! now I have to tell 8 things about me right? Think we'll skip the vital stats haha:D XXX