Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ants at Play & A Birdie Friend DT Entries *Corrected*

I often browse my favorite digital stamp sites, and recently came across a DT Call over at AI Factory. As many of you know I love AI Factory. So I was elated when I saw their DT Call. I nearly missed the deadline tho, as I penciled it in my planner on the wrong Wednesday! Grrrr! Thank goodness I had a peek there this evening to see how many entires there was, as I noticed the deadline was TONIGHT!! OMGosh! I busted a move to make 2 cards. I really only needed to make one, but I wanted to go the extra mile =)

***Correction*** The Challenge deadline was last night, NOT the DT Call. You still have time to apply for the DT. Read the details here.


The theme for the Challenge/DT Call is "Garden Party"
It was so much fun to play with Spring & Summer Digi's for a change.
I bought this bird a couple months ago, and this was the perfect time to color her up!
I used my prismacolor pencils, and then added some flocking to her feathers.
I think that was the perfect added touch!


I think it is important to play in other challenges when you are part of a DT,
in order to help expose the company you are designing for so I entered in
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch Challenge #75
This really was a fun sketch =)

For the second card I entered in the AI Factory Challenge/DT Call
I chose these adorable ants! Isn't this the cutest image?
I was going to use a "Hurry Up! It's MY Turn" sentiment, 
but settled for "Have a Beautiful Day"... I am wishing I would
have created the first sentiment tho.  


I used some liquid pearls to the water to make it pop and some
Sakura black glaze to the ants hands and feet so they stand out
a little more too.
Colored with Prismacolor Pencils again, and Stickles on the flowers.


I entered this card in:
Sketch Saturday - Week #128

Wish me luck! I would LOVE to make the AI Factory DT!



9 comments:

racinggrandma61 said...

Great job. TY for joining us at AiFactory challenges and please be sure to come back and join us again.

Laralee DT

mulberry station said...

Oh my...what a gorgeous card. I am so glad that you joined us here at SSW. Your image is darling. Especially how you made the feathers look so real. Beautiful work!
Nancy SSW

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Super adorable!!!! Love the ant card too and great coloring !!!i have to try the Prismacolor pencils I've never used them. Very well put together:) Thanks for sharing. Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog and I'm now a follower:)
Hugs,
Norma

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

These cards are so fun and cute!! Love the images and your coloring!

The Stamper's Touch said...

Ahhhhhhh, both of your cards are so totally adorable!!!!! I love those images too, I've got them both!!!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Sharon Basel said...

This is just the cutest card Cindy-Lynn! That flocking on the wings is a genious touch-love that detail here! Beautiful papers a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We hope you return next week as well!
All the best,
Sharon
SSW-DT

Kathie said...

I just love both of your cards but the little bird is just so so cute. Great cards and colours.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Kathie
SSW-DT

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Total cuteness on both cards!!! I love the birdie card and the sentiment is adorable! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Jeannie said...

I love what you did with our sketch this week - it is absolutely adorable!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie