Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Christmas Party Invitations Order

I had a recent order for 60 Christmas Party Invitations. I do not normally take on such an order, as I really really REALLY hate repetition. Did I mention really? haha

However, this order was from my 'other mother' Sharon, (my mom's best friend - who acts like my mom too! tee hee) so I really couldn't refuse. When I take on a larger order I do consider my time first, then the cost of materials. My time is the hardest cost to collect on, supplies are easy to charge for. Regardless, for the amount I was paid I think we both got a good deal.


I knew I was going to do a post card style invitation. So I started there. Deciding that the printed part of the invitation (which I made in Word) would lay on a red piece of card stock. I wanted something to 'pop' off the invite, so I decided to go with a classy looking reindeer.

The MTC file has all 12 reindeer on one page that I placed as best I could to use the least amount of paper.

I applied some glue from a glue pen on the antlers and dusted them with Gold Martha Stewart Glitter. Then, did the same with the nose, except I used red on the noses. I decided it was easiest to use a Sakura Shimmer Gel Pen and draw in the eyes to save time. I placed a tree brad on each invite, then finished them off by adding some Gold Stickles to the Title.
They turned out simple, yet classy. Which is exactly what I wanted.

Ink-Gredients:
Paper: 15 sheets of SU Real Red CS & 15 sheets of Conqueror Diamond White CS
5 Sheets of 12 X 12 Bazzill Textured Black CS
Misc Items: Martha Stewart Gold & Red Glitter, Gold Stickles
Sakura Shimmer Gel Pen & Tree Brads



3 comments:

Jamie Lane said...

These look great, I bet she loved them!

bcriminger said...

Wow, even with them being so simple, I'm sure you still spent hours putting them together. Kudos to you!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

These are incredible!