Monday, September 6, 2010

Princess Supplies Container

I was rather stumped when I saw the MyGrafico Challenge #64. It is a Back To School Challenge. I have no children so I had no idea what to make. Then I thought of my girlfriend (can't say her name as she hasn't seen or received this yet!) She works for the school board (Ya it's you! I know you are reading this post! lol) So I figured I would make her a Princess Supplies Case for her desk (hope you like it missy!). It was really inspired by my CatsLife Press Stamp. It says; "Yes, I'm a Princess... DIDN'T YOU NOTICE MY CROWN?" Tee Hee!! I love that stamp! So off to work I went!


I pulled out a very old SU Hodgepodge Container that I have been hoarding for years. Grabbed some Damask Polka Dot Digi Paper from MyGrafico and I was ready to go. Would you believe me if I told you that this was the first time EVER that I have used a Digi Paper?!?!? I know huh?!?! I am very very pleased with the quality of the image that it printed. So I recommend buying Digi Paper from MyGrafico for sure!


Next, I needed a crown to stamp my sentiment in. So I went to work and created one in my Make The Cut. I saved the Princess Crown as an SVG HERE for you to use. Please remember my file sharing rules. I also uploaded the Romance Fatal Font HERE. I love that font! I just printed it right in the Digi Paper to save time, as I only allotted an hour for this entire project.

I lined the inside of the tin with some of the Digi Papers printed on plain photocopy paper. The outside of the tin is of course printed on card stock, as is the rest of the Digi Papers. I wanted to put a few little things inside so I made a Post It Note holder, and rolled up some of the Digi Paper and put it in an RSVP Pen. I think it turned out really cute for a project that only took an hour!

UPDATE: What kind of DORK am I!??!?1 Her name is written on the dang tin!! lmbo!! Too Funny =)

Ink-Gredients:
Paper: MyGrafico - Damask Polka Dot Digi Paper, Regular White CS & Photocopy Paper
Stamps: CatsLife Press
Misc: Dollarama Rhinestone Flourish, Misc Rhinestone Brads, Misc Primas, and Misc Ribbon.

8 comments:

Tazza said...

Oh How awesome is that! Love, Love, Love that it took an hour as well, Great Job!

Celeste said...

This is absolutely adorable....

Sharon said...

This is wonderful. Love the crown and quote. What a lovely gift.

My Scrapy Den said...

How cool is that. Very thoughtful. I'll have to try the digi paper.

cgl1539 said...

I think it turned out great and I am sure _____ will love it, lol. THats so cool that you did it all in one hour. How did you get the paper to stick to the tin? I have a small tin I have been wanting to do something with but was afraid the paper would come up after awhile on it.

patti b said...

You are a great friend. To all her blog followers she is an amazing friend and crafter.Thank you Cindy lyn

JustYolie said...

Very nice upcycle project! I haven't tried digi paper hmm

craft-princess said...

OMG this is fantastic!! Notice I go by craft-princess because my hubby calls me a princess...yep a bit spoiled. I LOVE that sentiment!! I will have to try and find it online!