Saturday, September 4, 2010

I got a TRENDY BLOG AWARD!?!?!?!? Saaaah-weeeet!!

First I wanted to say thanks for all the "Feel Better Soon" wishes. My surgery was much more painful than I anticipated. However, I am feeling much better! xoxo

I was gone out of town all day yesterday, and didn’t get to catch up on my blog reads. Look at what I missed out on yesterday in my inbox!! (Am I excused if I admit to shopping at Michael’s 1 ½ hrs away? lol)

Thank you Yolie for this award!! My very first blog award!! I could just kiss you!! Okay, you’re right that might be weird! lol

I am honored and elated! This made my day (((Hugs)))

As part of receiving this award I am to give the Trendy Blogger award to 10 other bloggers whom I think display their talent and time/effort on their trendy blog site. I am also to list the reasons why I started blogging and why I continue to blog.

1. Why did I start to Blog? When I started Blogging it was mainly because I needed the outlet! My (ex)husband was not very supportive of my paper crafting. I met a few wonderful ladies on SCS and they all had blogs but it looked like such fun! I thought I would find all the love and support I needed on a blog to keep me going so I jumped in! Stamping blogs (back then) had not exploded nearly as much as it has today so I was leery at first. But, I figured I talk to myself anyhow; why not take the chance that someone might actually care what I am saying?!?! LOL

My blog was the highlight of my day. I quickly made it into the Stamping Top 50 (ranking an average of 70-90), and met so many wonderful people along the way. Sadly, it’s been almost 3 years since I closed my original blog. At the time I thought it was the right decision, as my paper crafting and blogging created too much conflict in my marriage. However, I soon found myself regretting it. I let all my paper crafting dreams and aspirations go out window along with my blog. I my heart ached to read the comments of my daily readers and I missed my fellow bloggers. As it turns out, it was in fact one of the silliest decisions I ever made! I have learned from my mistakes and will never abandon my paper crafting again! Now, happily divorced and loving life! My new blog and I are back to stay! I am just hoping someone cares what I have to say again! Lol Not to mention I hope you are inspired by something they see on my site. Because you all certainly inspire me!

2. Why do I continue? I am addicted! I love meeting new Stampin’ & Scrappin’ friends, whether close or afar. I learn from so many of you, and can only hope you learn a thing or two from me along the way. I love reading your comments, answering your questions, and hearing your thoughts and opinions. I thoroughly enjoy sharing my paper crafting life with all of you!!! (((HUGS))) I look forward to the mornings when I grab a cup of coffee and read all my comments and favorite blogs. I have some big plans for myself that I strive to achieve soon. I will not let anything get in my way! I am planning on launching My Inkie Fingers Digital Stamps this year. (If you haven't seen my Artist Call Click Here) I also have another big surprise that I am too superstitious to mention just jet. I don’t want to jinx myself, but lemme tell ya IT’S BIG!! (More details closer to the New Year)

Now I need to nominate 10 blogs

So I choose;

My Dear Friend: Joanne @ My Scrappy Den
(Her blog is brand spankin new!)
Penny Duncan Creations
This woman never ceases to amaze me!
Free Digital Stamps
The work put into this blog so WE can get free digi's is above and beyond what anyone else does!
Ideas For Scrapbookers
This blog just has a WOW factor for me! Love the layouts and sketches!
Jak Heath - Just Inklined
A New site with the most original stamps! I love them all! They are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!
Pink Petticoat
Classy, Elegant, and simple. Digi Stamps everyone MUST OWN!!
My Cricut Scrapbooking
If you love SGVs you need to hang out here... DAILY!
AiFactory
Adorable, Adorable, Adorable! Did I mention A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.??
Bits of Paper...
Such a great read with lots of inspiration! She has such an awesome talent!!
Treasure Box Designs
A sweet gal with more SVGs. Many of which I cannot live without!!

These are just some of blogs I Stalk daily! I wish I could have nominated more!!

Happy Stalkin!

5 comments:

JustYolie said...

Yep that would be weird! LOL

My Scrapy Den said...

Contratulations Cindy-Lynn! I enjoy following your blog. Thanks for shareing your story. It's sad when you have to give up your dreams because of someone else. I didn't know you then but Im so glad your back at blogging. You have inspired me alot. I couldn't be more thrilled that you chose me on your list of 10Like you at one time, I sometimes think no one cares what I have to say. That's why I'm not totally comfortable with blogging yet. The more I do it I'm sure I'll get more comfortable. But I do like it and will continue to do so. Thanks again Cindy-Lynn.

1) Cindy-Lynn Taylor http://www.myinkiefingers.blog.com

2) http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com/

3)http://thecolorroom.ning.com/

4)http://creativescrappers.blogspot.com/

5)http://robbiesphotoblog.blogspot.com/

6)http://www.ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/

7) http://www.stacycohen.blogspot.com/

8)http://www.missiontocreate.blogspot.com/

9)http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com/

Jamie Lane said...

Ohhh, you are just sweet! Thanks so much for the award!

I am glad you are back blogging and creating!

Jak Heath said...

thank you sweetie, xxx

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Thank you so much for this sweet award....I received more of a gift reading your story....I too have an (ex) husband who didn't understand my ART passion........of course he didn't understand me either!!! LOL......I as well tried to make things better but walking away from ART in hopes to save my marriage.....It was NOT meant to be.......Now the Lord has brought me a man who understand me and my need for ART......This is a feeling like NO OTHER when you find that balance IF you want a man in your life!!! I'm VERY proud of you for coming back to your passion and not letting anyone stop you!!!!!! I can't wait to hear the news you have to share!!!! Again....THANK YOU so much for this award!!! I hope you are having a very blessed day!!!