Wednesday, September 8, 2010

G.I. MOM Scrapbook Page - FREE SVG & FONT

I was absolutely SHOCKED when my mum showed up at my house BALD (ok almost bald)! I nearly fell over! Actually, I slammed the door in her face, not once but TWICE. She laughed so hard she nearly pee'd her pants! Apparently, she was 'clipping' my dad's hair and he dared her to do hers. Well, if there is anything you don't do to myself or my mum is dare us to do something. Or worse, tell us we can't do something!! lol


As soon as the shock wore off I knew I had to scrapbook this! I had so much fun making her do different poses for the page. I knew what I was looking for in the pictures, and she was such a good sport! I must have taken 10 - 15 photos. It really was fun!

Only trouble was I didn't want to scrap it on traditional 'Army/Camo' papers. So I created my own! I used my cricut and created a camo layout. I cut the same SVG twice. Once in dark pink and once in black. I layed the dark pink cut out on light pink paper, and randomly placed the black pieces (which I had to trim by hand in places) in some of the 'negative spaces' that I didn't want the dark pink. I hope you understand what I mean. When you look at the SVG FILE HERE you will understand. The G.I. MOM font is HERE Please do not give this SVG out for free. I created it, so link it back to me. Thanks =)

I also wanted the page to be more 'girlie' so I added a lot of bling, brads and some ribbon. I love the way it turned out =)

Ink-Gredients:
Paper: Bazzill Textured CS
Misc: Dollarama Corner Rhinestones, Misc - brads, an eyelet, rhinestones & ribbon. Singo Gel Pen.

7 comments:

Hestia's Helper said...

What a funny story! Thank you for the files! Perfect timing! My little boy just bought a guitar that has a camo paint job and this will be cool for a page of pictures of him playing it!

Rae said...

I love this... Hey your mom is cute cute with her head shaved ! Nice work girl :)

My Scrapy Den said...

how funny is that. What a great l/o your so talented

Candace B said...

I absolutely love this page. Very cute!

craft-princess said...

LMAO!! Better be careful with those dares! I can't believe you did that camo background (well yes I can because you just told me...hehe!)....it looks terrific!

Natacha said...

lol thanks for sharing the storey, def cheered up my day! Great layout... love the pink camo. Thank you for the files. I can use them for the whole family!:)

Sharon said...

Great scrapbook page. Love the camouflage.