Monday, September 20, 2010

Challenges... Challenges... Oh what fun! FREEBIES TOO!!

Yesterday I posted a card that involved 2 challenges... Well after I finished and posted it, I went to work and completed a card that involves 3 challenges! So I am feeling really creative right about now! It really was a lot of fun!

As some of you already know, I have been aiming to submit for the My Grafico GDT. The rules are pretty simple for their weekly challenges, but for the GDT you must submit 3 out of 4 weeks. Seeing as I was away last week I missed my 3rd week in a row. (Boo Hiss) But! Have no fear tho! I am sneaking in my 3rd out of 4 weeks total today!
This week called for 'metal' (so I used brads) not to mention they had some really cool "Bandana Digi Papers - by Tainted Sweets". I had to own! (I could have chanced winning them, but I had to buy them right away! lol knew I wanted to do a Halloween theme, so all I had to do was pick up the digi papers from their store (which were sooooo on sale! ya!) and alter the hue (as the colors didn't work for my theme). This is really easy to do in Paint.net. You just select 'Adjustments', then 'Hue/Saturation' and play with the 'Hue' until you get the color you are looking for. Easy Peezy! All 3 of the patterned papers on this card were from the Bandana Collection too! Amazing what you can do with Digi Papers huh?


For the second challenge I thought about this "Werewolf" Digi stamp I picked up over at Just Inklined a couple weeks ago. Isn't he just too stinkin' cool?!?! I am entering this card in the GDT Challenge over there for October. I just KNEW that this werewolf was crying for a cowboy hat to match the My Grafico digi papers I mentioned above. So I created one on my cricut. Feel free to download the SVG or MTC files for the cowboy hat. Please remember my sharing rules *wink*

I distressed the top layer of the hat with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink. Just to give it a more lifelike look. I love the way it turned out! It really looks like it was made for the actual Werewolf Digi! I added some twine to make a lasso, and of course my own sentiment. Using the "Chiller" font (on most people's pc already) I typed "NO!! I'm a COWBOY...RAH!!" I still giggle when I look at the card!


The last of the 3 challenges I played in, was a sketch challenge. Which I stumbled across over at Sketch Saturday. I will certainly be playing along with them again. Their sketches are cute, and they have some awesome sponsors! Check them out! It is worth the click =)

Ink-Gredients:
Paper: My Grafico Bandana Digi Paper, White & Black CS
Misc: Prismacolors; 911, 1085, 1052, 945, 1089, 935 & 1068
Sakura Gel Pens & Tombo Shader.
Ribbon, Twine, Brads, and Stitching with Sewing Machine

Happy Stampin! Thanks for stoppin by to visit me! (((Hugs)))

7 comments:

cgl1539 said...

Ha, he cracks me up, great card! Love the hat.

Tazza said...

OMG I SO love that card! LOL... BTW YOu have made the GDT! I can't wait to have you join the team! Thanks bunches!

Katiejane said...

This is so funky, I love what you did with the string/rope, sooo cool!
Thanks so much for the comment you left on my Pink Petticoat project on the blog today. That was so sweet and funny!
Katie x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a great card, Cindy! Makes me smile! Love that little lasso!

Cathy said...

Cindy, what an adorable werewolf cowboy you created. I guess werewolf's can be adorable LOL!!! Love all the elements. Thanks for entering the Guest Designer Challenge for Just Inklined.

Jo said...

Thank you for your kind comments about SS, your card is totally fab! looking forward to seeing you join in with us again
Thank you for joining us this week at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Trinh said...

Fantastic card, Cindy-Lynn! Congrats on your win & GDT!