Friday, September 3, 2010

Altered Baby Wipe Container & Free Font

I was taking some pictures of my Scrapbook room recently, and noticed there are so many things that drive me nuts that I actually look at everyday when I am trying to be creative. One of them was my baby wipes container. I have them sitting right at my work space as I am always full of ink (Hence the Blog name lol) or have some gunk on my hands. So I can't live without my wipes at hand. I am sure you may have seen this done before. I just knew that for me, it had to be altered. I am very pleased with the end result. It's much better than the Winnie The Pooh sticker that was on the front of it! lol



I used my favorite papers (Bo Bunny and Bazzill), some ribbon I got in a grab bag at Fabric Land, and layered all my flowers using the layer, water and squish technique. If you do not know what that is, let me know I would be more than happy to do a tutorial for you =) This technique really makes the flowers POP! Not to mention they look a lot like the expensive Prima's (and were almost free - just the cost of a few punched flowers and a brad). I did add a button on the top of each brad for both flowers. I cut the font on my cricut using The Devinne Swash Font which you can download for FREE (for personal use only) HERE



A close up so you can see all the dimension in the flower (which I made). I sprayed the vanilla wipes letters with a homemade pink shimmer mist. I also sprayed the flowers with clear shimmer mist. Then I embossed only the pink misted letters with the CuttleBug Dots folder. To make them pop and match the Bo Bunny Papers. If this inspires you to alter a baby wipe container place the link in the comments I would love to see it =)

Your comments REALLY do make my day =)

6 comments:

Hestia's Helper said...

Thank you for the free font!
Please elaborate on the "Homemade Shimmer Mist"... how do you make it?

Rae said...

I'm loving what you did with the baby wipes box ! Your so creative :) Great work !!

Kendra said...

This is too cute! Love it :)

craft-princess said...

Ooohhhhhhhh AAAAAhhhhhhhh! I LOVE IT!!! :)

Celeste said...

Wonderful idea... I love the look of it...

Cyndi said...

So cute!! I would love to know what the layer, water, and squish technique is!!