Monday, August 30, 2010

My Grafico Blog Challenge - Halloween Colors

I happened across My Grafico the other night and spent at least 1-1/2 hrs looking at all the awesome things they have! Everything from SVGs, Digi Papers, Digi Stamps and more! I couldn't help myself and bought a few things. I really like that they have so many different artists and 'shoppes' within the site. So there is sure to be something for everyone.

They also have a weekly challenge with chances win cool stuff. You should play along with me =)

For Challenge # 63 (Use Halloween Colors) I printed off an image I purchased from their website. She is just too adorable. I fell in love with her right away! I pulled out one of Julee's old Mojo Monday Card Sketches (#137) and went to town.

I prisma colored the image then when I was shading around the witches hat I smeared a small fleck of black, left over from coloring, on the white bg. I was soooo upset!! However, any mistake is just another reason to layer right? So I made soft little black lines with the prisma pencil randomly around the image and smeared all of them too when I was shading!! LOL!! I am sooo crafty! I think it turned out perfect actually =)



I cut the left portion of the image away and then placed it on the opposite side of the DP's with the ribbon on them to make the image appear as if it was larger. Ruffled some ribbon and used some upholstery tacks on the left side. YES!! I did say UPHOLSTERY TACKS!! *grin* Whenever I am at Home Depot or any hardware store I hunt for unique upholstery tacks, then I use strong wire cutters to clip off the 'tack' and then I can add a glue dot under the head and use it like a brad. Not to mention you get like 50 - 100 tacks for a few dollars. Try getting 100 cool designer brads that size for $2- $3 bucks... I often look for things that could 'double' as a scrapbooking/stamping supply. Then I hoard it in my studio!! lol



Ink-Gredients:
Paper: Basic Grey - Mellow 6X6 Paper Pack, SU - Always Artichoke, Conqueror Diamond White & Misc Brown paper.
Misc: Upholstery Tacks, Misc Ribbon, Prisma Coloring Pencils; 1084, 947, 1090, 1022, 938, 914, 935, 997 & 927. Singo Gel Pens.

Thanks for visiting my blog today =) Don't forget to play for my BLOG CANDY!! You could be the lucky winner. GOOD LUCK!

(((Hugs)))

7 comments:

Sharon said...

This is just sooo cute. I just love the lil witch digi.

My Scrapy Den said...

Love your card Cindy-Lynn. You always have great ideas.

patti said...

what a cute card

Katherine said...

So Cute! Thanks for joining MG Challenge this week!

Trinh said...

Great design and fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining us for a MG challenge!

Tazza said...

Thanks for joining the Mygrafico Challenges !
Your are our winner for the week! I just love your card! Congrats!

Gaynor said...

What a fab idea using upholstery tacks, I think i will give that a go, I too have bought this image she's adorable, and your card is really good. Gaynor.