Monday, August 30, 2010

Feel Better Soon Mouse

You may remember I rushed home from my parents anniversary dinner one evening last week to upload a card for a DT call only to find out it had closed as their time zone (which was not posted) was different from mine. I was totally bummed about it too as I was so pleased with my submission. HOWEVER!! I did submit a card today for a September Guest DT. I loved the little Digi Mouse over at Stephanie's Stampin Spot so I downloaded the free digi and sent it in.



I really enjoyed blowing the dust off my sewing machine and using it on this card. I remembered how much fun stitching on a card is... I will just have to do it more often! I zig-zag stitched all around the DP on the right of the card, and straight stitched over the ribbon I ruffled on the left side. I wish I could find my web cam as I was going to do a tutorial on how to do "Ruffled Ribbon". If you don't know how and really want to see a tutorial let me know. I always need a reason to spend money, and not to mention I really need the web cam to do tutorials anyhow! *wink wink* Anyhow, I like the ruffled look with the stitching a lot more than plain ruffles on the page. So I think I will do this technique more often. Note to Self: Reason to spend money and buy thread in lots of colors to match ribbon now! lol



I printed the Digi once on white, then again on a plain piece of copy paper. I used 2 pcs of blue BG Cupcake DP scraps and used temporary adhesive and placed the scraps over the clouds on the copy paper and ran it thru the copier again to print the clouds. Cut them out and placed them on top of the main digi image. I used foam pop ups under one of the clouds to make it pop from the image. I actually doodled around the main image with lines and dots AFTER I took the pic (Silly me!!) lol I am still very happy with this picture tho =)

Ink-Gredients:
Paper: BG - Cupcake 6X6 DP, SU Real Red & Conqueror Diamond White.
Misc: Liquid Pearls (around the scallop), Misc Ribbon, Cuttlebug Folder - Polka Dot Folder, Prisma Coloring Pencils; 914, 1084, 1086, 917, 928, 911, 924, 938 & 1089. Zig Marker, Tombo Marker (Shading) and Sakura Gel Pens

Hope you enjoyed my ramblings! Wish me luck with my submission *fingers crossed*... ok eyes and toes too! tee hee

1 comment:

My Scrapy Den said...

Love this card. This may sound dumb but what is a digi stamp?